Well, if you own a business irrespective of its size then you may already know that a business is all about the communication as the business has no identity in the isolated environment. It is surrounded by the various kinds of the components which are known as the stakeholders and with whom the business stays connected.
The stakeholders of the business organization are the heartbeat of the organization without which it can’t survive. It communicates with all of its stakeholders in the course of its business using the many types of business letters.
Business letters can vary as per their usages and the purpose of writing them yet apparently we can divide them into two types which are the formal business letter and the informal business letter.
Formal business letters are the letters which are used by the business entity in a professional manner such as communicating with the customers and the government organization etc.
A formal business letter has the proper format and is written using the formal set of words so that the subject matter of the letter can be delivered in a respective manner.
Informal Business Letter Format
The informal business letter is completely different from the formal business letter and it is also used for a different purpose than the purpose of the formal business letter. The informal business letter is one such letter, which doesn’t have any predefined format unlike the formal letter and the language of the informal letter also doesn’t have any fixed kind of standard.
If we talk about the usage of the informal business letter then it is used at the places where the business communication doesn’t have to be formal and sophisticated. Specifically, this informal letter is used by the business, where it has non-business or non-professional relationships.
It is also known as the friendly business letter as it avoids using any kind of formalities into it and just delivers the subject matter straightforwardly.
How To Write An Informal Business Letter
So, if you are looking forward to writing an informal business letter but is struggling to get started with it, then here we would help you in this context. We would provide you with an easy guide to help you in writing the informal business letter.
- Start the opening part of the letter by providing your address at the top right corner of the letter so that the recipient of the letter can send you the reply at the same address.
- Now you need to write the name of the recipient at the top left side of the letter.
Next, we come to the salutation part of the letter in which we need to address the recipient of the letter.
- Here you can write the name of the recipient in a manner which may be suitable.
If you know the recipient well then you may write it as “Dear John”, John, “Hi John”.
- There comes the main body of the letter now in which you need to write the subject matter of the letter.
- Here you don’t need to use the formal language rather you can be friendly and write the main body in the same tone.
- Provide the whole subject matter of the letter in the main body in an easily understandable language to the recipient.
- At last, we come to the closing body of the letter where you just need to summarise the whole letter.
- Once you sum up the whole letter then just end it using the closing words such as “You are looking forward to listening from the recipient”.
- End the letter with your signature or the common seal of your business organization.
Informal Business Letter Sample
The template of the informal letter for business makes it quite easy for business organizations to write this letter. The templates can save a significant amount of time for the business organizations as it is readily usable by the organizations.
So, here we are attaching the printable template of this informal business letter which is easily printable. All you have to do is to just print the template and then write the business letter over it in an informal manner.